Monday, June 25, 2007

This Year's Pity-Prize Goes To...

You know who I might pity right now? I  might pity the folks down at Classmates.com. These guys come with a good idea; to re-unite old classmates. You sign up and get a minimal account for free, but if you want any bells and whistles you have to pay for them. You tell it what high school and what class you graduated from. Others do the same, and eventually you'll get to meet up with your old classmates from high school.

But if you want anything nifty, you have to pay for it.

Okay. Fair enough. Not everything on the interweb can be free. But then they come along. Yes. Them. Those who offer that service, and a whole lot more. For free. I am talking, of course, about Facebook.

When you register for Facebook, you can tell it what year and from what high school you graduated. You can join, or form, a group for people in your graduating class. This reunites you with old classmates. All for free.

Facebook isn't limited to high school reunions. It's a social networking site. But I'm not here to give Facebook free advertising. I just wanted to say I feel sorry for Classmates. Unless they're doing well. Then I don't feel so bad for them.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: