Monday, July 09, 2007

We Need to Get A New Dryer

I can't believe it! Two McQueen stories in a row! Just like old times.

On Thursday I came home from work. I asked if the laundry machine was free. Wendy said that she had to transfer some clothes from the washer to the dryer. She did that as I went downstairs, and got my laundry ready to be washed. When I had come up stairs, she had finished the transfer and was in the living room. I put my clothes in the washer and started the load. Then I went into the living room.

Wendy tells me "The dryer doesn't work."

Me: "What?"

Wendy: "When you try to start it, it just makes a buzzing sound."

Me: "Can it be fixed?"

Wendy: "The last time it broke the repairman said that if it ever broke again it wouldn't be worth repairing, and it should be replaced."

The McQueens are heading out for a vacation for a week. (By the time you read this, they'll be back.) So they probably won't take care of it until after they get back.

So, looks like my Thursday nights for the next few weeks will be spent in a laundromat.

Oh, and one more thing. Did I mention the dehumidifier gave up the ghost? Now it makes an awful squealing noise. According to the internet it's probably the motor and should be replaced. I don't know how much work and cost we're talking here, but it might be time for a new one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't HAVE to go to the laundromat... you could always hang your clothes to dry like in the old days when people didn't waste so much electricity. Maybe this is a sign from god to start air drying your clothes!
OR
You could go to the laundromat cause there is nothing quite like clothes dried in the dryer.