Monday, October 08, 2007

My Dose Is All Stupped Up

When you talk with old people, the conversation inevitably turns to their ailments.

I am getting older. I will now talk to you about my ailments.

When I was a kid getting a cold meant nothing more than having the sniffles. I think I got my first sore throat when I moved away to college when I was 18.

Now that I'm older I find that colds take more of a toll on me. It starts with more than usual sneezing followed by unexplainable fatigue followed by a pre-sore throat sore throat followed by a sore throat followed by the nasal congestion.

Right now I seem to be passed the sore throat stage, but I haven't experienced congestion though. As much as I don't like congestion I find it encouraging. It means the immune system is doing it's job.

You may wonder why I am blogging about this. I think the answer explains why old people discuss their ailments. When you're not feeling like you're at 100% health, whatever's bothering you is always on your mind.

UPDATE: I am now getting over the congestion. Yay! Cold almost gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your ailing body...I hope that you have a much longer life with fewer colds. Otherwise we have a special discount at the local nursing home here in Orangeville!

Andrew said...

Yes, I understand I might need to get on the waiting list now.