Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm Not An Artist, Too - For Now (Part 2)

This week, instead of a Coffee Cup Art, I have news relevant to my coffee cup art. According to Today's Article, Turner Valley, a town in Alberta has decided to ban the use of Styrofoam. Styrofoam is made from petroleum. This ban is good for the environment, but bad for my art. (Although, it could make my art even more valuable!)

Mind you, I don't live in Turner Valley, or even Alberta, but it is possible this could turn into a trend. Despite the lack of canvas I would have to work with, I'd be in favour of the ban. We have a limited supply of oil left in the world. We need to try to save any way we can. Drive a Toyota Corolla instead of a Hummer. Dry your clothes on the clothesline instead of the dryer. Turn out the lights when you leave a room. Try minimize the time your fridge/freezer are open. Make sure your house isn't leaking heat. Only turn on your air conditioning at night, for sleeping comfort.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to engage in my latest pleasure. I'm off to the airport to fly.

No comments: