Friday, June 16, 2006

Sex In The Suburbs

Last week we had a pool party for the youth group of our church. The McQueens have an above-ground pool.

I know the title of this post has nothing to do with the pool, but I've noticed my ratings have been going down. At first I was getting around 15 hits a day, and now I'm down to about 1 or 2. So I've decided to try to boost my ratings the only way I know how.

Last year we had two pool parties, one for college and carreers, and one for the high school youth group. Each time we had them we thought it would be a great way to deal with the hot hot summer we were having. Temperatures were in the mid 30s every day, with high humidity. (For those Americans who are reading this, in the rest of the world we use Celcius for temparture, and in the celcius scale, 30 is way above room temperature. For those Canadians reading this who use the Fahrenheit, welcome to Canada. We use Celcius here.)

Sex.

But the day of the pool partys, both times, the temp fell to 26. After a week or two of 34 degrees every single day, 26 is rather chilly. It was hard to get anyone to go in the water. We had to resort to throwing people in.

Sex.

This year was no different. Except that it was much cooler. It was 8. The water was also 8. That's not much warmer than the water at the Polar Bear swim. And 8 is cool for here in June.

Sex.

Of course, that wasn't the worst part of the pool party part. We finally got everything out of the shed for the pool to get setup for the party. We took the cover off the pool, got the stairs out and set up. We brought the pump up from the basement. But, lo and behold, the filter was broken. It would seem it would cost a pretty penny to fix. It was still possible to clean the pool, but it would require three people.

Sex.

I didn't get to see this in action because I had to take off to study chem.

Sex.

No comments: