Friday, June 09, 2006

Share and Share Alike (Part II)

Earlier I had written about the McQueen's propensity to share objects more than what I'm used to. Granted, the McKays had a single cup that dwelt in the washroom that was used by everyone. I think when I was about 7 years old I started to find that gross so I withdrew from the habit.

Pastor Jack told me the orgins of the habit goes back to family camping trips. But I think it was something he learned growing up.

When Jack's father came out to visit in the fall of 04 I noticed something that led me to this conclusion. At the time I was growing a beard. As such, I wasn't shaving. But at the time I was unwise to the ways of the McQueen's closeness (until my comb disappeared for about a month). I kept my bag of toiletries (shaving cream, razor, toothbrush, deoderant, etc.) in the washroom.

Jack's father and brother came out for a few days. It was to go on a hunting trip. They were gone most of the week. When they returned they were looking rather scruffy. Jack's father and brother stayed over night and left in the morning.

When I got up in the morning, our guests had already left. I went to the washroom and noticed my razor was sitting out of it's bag and looking like it had been used. This was funny because I hadn't touched it in about 6 weeks. Jack's father had used it! (Gross!!!) So, that blade went in the garbage.

Perhaps Pastor Jack's father woke up early and thought he was still camping?

No comments: